What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to dreamcourts.com.au. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
We usually collect personal information directly from you, for example when you send us correspondence by e-mail or in writing, deal with us over the telephone or in person, or contact us, or place an order through our website. The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of the interaction between you and DreamCourts and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information (if you make a purchase through our website), and certain demographic information.
Use and disclosure of personal information
DreamCourts will use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil your request;
- Provide you with our products or services;
- Provide ongoing support or help to manage products, for example if you have a query;
- Communicate with you.
In addition, if you sign up for our member services and join our email list, DreamCourts and its partners (e.g., our third-party service providers assisting us with website support, promotion fulfilment, etc.) may also occasionally distribute information and offers that may be of interest to you. By signing up for our member services, you consent to DreamCourts and its partners contacting you by email, telephone or hard copy mail.
If DreamCourts collects your personal information for any other purpose, we will generally let you know that purpose at the time we collect the information.
Disclosure of personal information
DreamCourts aims to confine its disclosure of personal information to the primary purpose for which it has been collected, or for a related purpose. This means DreamCourts will usually only disclose personal information in connection with its business and administrative functions, including when disclosure is necessary to provide you with a product or service that you have requested, helping us with the running of our organization, or for security reasons.
For example, if you provide your credit card information to DreamCourts to purchase products through our website, the credit card details will be encrypted and stored on a secure server and provided to a third party credit card processor and authenticator for payment purposes, and your name and address will be provided to the company that ships our merchandise.
DreamCourts may also disclose personal information in response to law enforcement activity, to enforce its contracts or property rights, or when required by law. Information we collect may also be transferred in connection with the sale or merger of the company or any division or business line of the company to which the information relates. If we hire any third parties to perform services relating to the way our website functions, we will require them to protect your personal information in the same way that we do. As a general rule, DreamCourts will not sell, rent or loan your personally identifiable information to others for advertising or similar purposes.
Overseas transfers and disclosures of personal information
When you send personal information to DreamCourts, the personal information will be shared amongst the DreamCourts corporate group, including entities which may be located in Australia, New Zealand and the United States. As noted above, we may send your personal information to third parties for the purposes of meeting your requests, such as credit card processors and shippers of our merchandise, who are likely to be located in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to the third parties and overseas recipients listed above, and similar organisations who may in turn provide your information to other third parties (for example, for marketing purposes). You can withdraw your consent at any time by informing us in writing that you withdraw that consent. If you do not permit the disclosure of some personal information as DreamCourts requests, DreamCourts then may not be able to meet its legal obligations and may not be able to do business with you. If this is the case, we will let you know.
Access and correction of your personal information
DreamCourts aims to keep all personal information that we hold accurate, complete and up-to-date. In some circumstances, you may also have a right to request access to your personal information and request correction. We encourage you to tell us if you change your contact details. If you would like to access, or correct the personal information held about you, please contact us at email@example.com or phone us at 1300 518 005.
To make changes to your email subscription without logging in, please visit the My Account page. If you would like to edit your name and personal information or be removed from our email list, please do so at My Account. To make any of these changes or delete your account, contact us at or send your request to DreamCourts.
Computer Tracking and Identifiable Information
DreamCourts websites use domain names (not e-mail addresses) to track user behaviour within our website. This tracking data helps us determine how to upgrade and enhance our website and make it more enjoyable for our users. Because DreamCourts does not trace or extract personal user information, the data that is collected is and can only be used for statistical purposes. These statistics are considered confidential and are held to the same privacy standards as personal information. Also, because we do NOT use e-mail addresses for our tracking, you can be assured we are not integrating these statistics with your personal e-mail address. As a service to our regular users, DreamCourts, in conjunction with its ad management partner, Think Big, uses pixels or transparent GIF files that recognize specific users and their preferences by recognizing “cookies”, small text files that save you the time of having to register each time you visit our website. The information that is collected is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your address, telephone number or email address. If you do not wish to accept cookies, the “help” section of your browser’s toolbar will likely tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to have the browser alert you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to take advantage of all of our website’s features.
DreamCourts protects the security of your information, including credit card information provided for purchases, which it encrypts, using Secure Socket layers (SSL), for transmission to our secure servers. While we consider online security a priority and take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information, we cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.
If you have any questions or would like to make a complaint about DreamCourts compliance with the applicable privacy laws, please contact us.
DreamCourts will consider the question or complaint, investigate the matter if appropriate, and provide a response within 30 days. Whilst we will do our best to answer your question or resolve your complaint, if you feel it remains unresolved or you wish for further investigation to take place, you should contact the relevant governmental authority in your jurisdiction.
This policy applies to all DreamCourts websites. From time to time, we may include on our website links to other websites. DreamCourts is not responsible for the operation or collection of any information from any website operated by third parties.
Who can use our website
DreamCourts intends its website for use only by individuals who are 18 years of age or older and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are not at least 18 years old, please do not submit any information to DreamCourts websites.
Login and password
For websites that require a user login and/or password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your online account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify DreamCourts of any unauthorized use of your login or password.
Content of submissions to DreamCourts websites
You alone are responsible for the content of your submissions to DreamCourts websites, and the consequences of any such messages. DreamCourts reserves the right not to post your submissions, and/or terminate your user account (on the DreamCourts websites that offer this service) should DreamCourts become aware and determine, in its sole discretion, that you are violating any of the following guidelines.
- Only personal messages relevant to the purpose of the website are allowed. Commercial use of any DreamCourts website is strictly prohibited.
- DreamCourts websites contain the intellectual property of DreamCourts, including content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual and proprietary rights. You are allowed only to make a single personal copy of DreamCourts content, for your personal use, but may not otherwise copy, reproduce, or otherwise commercially exploit DreamCourts website content.
- By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any “public area” of DreamCourts websites, you agree and acknowledge that it will be published to all and is NOT confidential and agree and acknowledge that DreamCourts and all other members shall have the right to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content without further permission.
- ANYTHING CONTAINED HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY NOTWITHSTANDING, BY SUBMITTING CONTENT TO ANY COMMENT AREAS, EXPERT AREAS, QUESTION AND ANSWER OR DISCUSSION FORUMS, SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS OR ANY OTHER AREA ON THE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY PERMIT THE MICCA GROUP TO IDENTIFY YOU AS THE CONTRIBUTOR OF SUCH CONTENT IN ANY PUBLICATION IN ANY FORM, MEDIA OR TECHNOLOGY NOW KNOWN OR LATER DEVELOPED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT, UNLESS YOU OTHERWISE NOTIFY THE MICCA GROUP LEGAL DEPARTMENT IN WRITING AT THE TIME YOU SUBMIT THE CONTENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE IDENTIFIED.
- Disclaimer of warranties:
DREAMCOURTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED, SUGGESTED OR REFERENCED IN THE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES OR THROUGH DREAMCOURTS, ITS EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND/OR EXPERTS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
DREAMCOURTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET OR WORLD WIDE WEB PAGES THAT IS CONTAINED OUTSIDE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES.
- As a convenience to our members, we may provide links to resources that are beyond our control. We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality or legality of any websites to which we may provide links, and you hereby waive any claim you might have against DREAMCOURTS with respect to such websites.
- Notification of Any Possible Copyright Infringement In the event you believe that material or content published on a DREAMCOURTS websites may infringe on another’s or your copyright, please provide detailed written notice of such possible infringement to General DREAMCOURTS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limitation of Liability ASIDE FROM THE NON- EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, DREAMCOURTS EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE DREAMCOURTS WEBSITES OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES EVEN IF DREAMCOURTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Questions or Comments
We appreciate your business and respect your personal privacy.